[talk.politics.guns] Forged article

jgd@rsiatl.UUCP (John G. De Armond) (01/20/90)

In article <259@toaster.SFSU.EDU> eps@cs.SFSU.EDU (Eric P. Scott) writes:
>In article <1231@rsiatl.UUCP> jgd@rsiatl.UUCP (John G. De Armond) writes:
>>There is a great misunderstanding in this country, mostly caused by
>>wretched left wing media hacks, that the skinhead movement is a terribly
>>evil thing.
>>
>>This is wholly untrue, and I would like to start a newsgroup for and
>>about skinheads.
>
>>emory!rsiatl!jgd          **I am the NRA** |
>
>Oh, so YOU'RE the NRA.  And you are promoting white supremacist
>losers who coopted a trademark of a relatively benign punk
>movement.
>
>God save the "wretched left wing media hacks."
>
>					-=EPS=-

As many of you probably know from the postings of others, the article
above attributed to me is forged.  Russ Kepler kindly provided a trace-
back to where the article most likely originated.  A number of others
have sent me copies of this article or CC:'s of mail they've sent
to Eric.  Thanks all.

Needless to say, the sentiments expressed in that posting are far
from mine.  That's what makes it so funny, I guess.  My positions
on most political subjects are well-known by this network.  I'd
have thought the forger would have been more creative in order to
make it appear plausable.

I have sent email to Eric requesting an appology.  We'll see if he's
as quick with that as he was the flame.

To the forger:  I'm truely honored by your efforts.  By hiding under
a Ku Klux Klan-like hood of anonymity, you have demonstrated your likeness
to the skinheads.  You've proven that you lack the education, diction,
creativity, or common sense to join in a rational debate.  You lack
the ability to counter in a public forum my logic and facts.  So you
hide in the bushes and figuratively try to fire a sniper shot.  As with
most idiots, you forgot to load your gun.  I have a pretty good idea
who you are.  With this posting, you simply confirm my previously
stated opinion of you.

To the rest of the net:  Let's let this issue die right here, lest we
give this creep the attention he craves.

Thanks,
John

I have a
pretty good
--
John De Armond, WD4OQC                     | The Fano Factor -
Radiation Systems, Inc.     Atlanta, GA    | Where Theory meets Reality.