[net.columbia] Liftoff

alb@alice.UUCP (Adam L. Buchsbaum) (06/17/85)

Space shuttle Discovery lifted off on time today,
at 0733 EDT.  It was everything but eventful.

jer@peora.UUCP (J. Eric Roskos) (06/19/85)

>Space shuttle Discovery lifted off on time today,
>at 0733 EDT.  It was everything but eventful.

Pooh.  You must have had to have been there.  For the first time in a long
time, you could actually SEE it clearly until the SRBs quit going.
It was good to photograph, too.
--
Shyy-Anzr:  J. Eric Roskos
UUCP:       ..!{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!vax135!petsd!peora!jer

	    Bar ol bar / Gur pbyq rgpurq cyngr /
	    Unf cevagrq gur jnez fgnef bhg.

rcj@burl.UUCP (Curtis Jackson) (06/21/85)

In article <1107@peora.UUCP> jer@peora.UUCP (J. Eric Roskos) writes:
>>Space shuttle Discovery lifted off on time today,
>>at 0733 EDT.  It was everything but eventful.
>
>Pooh.  You must have had to have been there.  For the first time in a long
>time, you could actually SEE it clearly until the SRBs quit going.
>It was good to photograph, too.

I was in the VIP viewing area for STS-5; on that one we actually saw
the SRBs blown off and watched them tumble flashing in the sunlight
almost all the way to water impact.  Stunning!
--

The MAD Programmer -- 919-228-3313 (Cornet 291)
alias: Curtis Jackson	...![ ihnp4 ulysses cbosgd mgnetp ]!burl!rcj