[comp.os.os2] OS/2 sources and binaries??

ander@pawl.rpi.edu (Michael R. Primm) (10/18/89)

    Just for starters on this new forum (comp.os.os2), does anyone out
there know of any FTP sites, archives sites, and so forth for getting and
contributing OS/2 Protected mode software?  Is anyone willing to start one?
                                                      --Mike Primm

kushner@ux3 (Gary Kushner) (10/18/89)

I have few things I would be willing to submit.  Both
things I've written and public domain code I've converted.

Also, has any one seen version 1.2?

Gary

bobf@lotus.com (Bob Frankston (BFrankston)) (10/18/89)

There is an IBM BBS at 404-988-2913.  I haven't logged into this one
in a while so I don't know the current status.  Compuserve, Bix and
other standard PC sources have OS/2 software.

root@mustang.dell.com (0000-Admin(0000)) (10/18/89)

There is an OS/2 BBS at 306-966-4857, with quite a few files, with a
large number of PM applications programs now, many with source code.

lowey@dvinci.usask.ca (Kevin Lowey) (10/21/89)

>     Just for starters on this new forum (comp.os.os2), does anyone out
> there know of any FTP sites, archives sites, and so forth for getting and
> contributing OS/2 Protected mode software?  Is anyone willing to start one?
>                                                       --Mike Primm

  There are several OS/2 oriented Fidonet bulletin boards.  I run the
University of Saskatchewan OPUS bulletin board at (306) 966-4857, 2400 baud.
I have a collection of many good OS/2 programs including the MicroEMACS
and SEDT editors, a LISP interpreter, GIF file viewers, CPU and memory
monitoring utilities, clocks that run in Icons and let you set alarms,
games, etc.

  If an archive site wants some of these files, I'd be perfectly willing to
send them.  Unfortunately I do not have FTP access, only BITNET file
transfer facilities.  It would probably be best to send the stuff on
disk, or telephone the BBS and download the programs.

  I don't have a complete list of files on the BBS handy, but I can make
it available  if you want.

-- Kevin Lowey @ 140/43 - LOWEY@SASK.USASK.CA - ...!alberta!dvinci!lowey

astieber@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Anthony J Stieber) (10/23/89)

Here is some information on OS/2 programs and an OS/2 mailing list.
There has been useful information in the list, hopefully it will
be gatewayed into Usenet.

Date:         Thu, 19 Oct 89 11:53:47 +0100
From:         "D. Rober" <FDAAA12@BLEKUL11.BITNET>
Subject:      New OS/2 Programs available on OS-2 LISTSERV at BLEKUL11

I have made the following OS/2 programs available on our LISTSERV
file server :

  ARC2     EXE    OS/2 Arc Utility
  CHOOSE   ARC    Program to allow menus in CMD files
  DUMP     ARC    Program to dump the contents of files on std output
  FSB      ARC    Full Screen Browser by Ch. Petzold
  INISHOW  ARC    Structured dump of OS2.INI (Ch. Petzold)
  PMCAP    ARC    PM Screen capture to PostScript & ... (Ch. Petzold)
  PMLOCK   ARC    PM Keylock
  PM_CPU   ARC    PM CPU Monitor
  PM_MEM   ARC    PM Memory Monitor
  POSLP    ARC    Utility to print program listings is PostScript
  POSPRINT ARC    Utility to print text files in PostScript
  REBOOT   ARC    Program to reboot OS/2
  LOG220   ARC    Logicomm comm. program v2.20

To transfer one of these files to your computer send the following
command to our LISTSERV :

    GET OS-2 fn fe

You can send this command either as an interactive message (eg tell)
or as body of a normal mail file. Under VM you could type for example :

    TELL LISTSERV@BLEKUL11.BITNET GET OS-2 ARC2 EXE

To get an up-to-date list of all files available send the following
command:

    IND OS-2

to LISTSERV@BLEKUL11.BITNET.

I hope others will join me in share-ing OS/2 programs over our OS-2
maillist. All OS/2 related files are welcome.

Dirk