[comp.os.os2] 3Com 3C523 Ethernet Card

hampton@dustbin.cisco.com (David Hampton) (10/27/89)

I have a IBM PS/2 Model 80, with partitions for both OS/2 and AIX.  I
am trying to install a 3Com Etherlink/MC (3C523) network card into
the system, but cannot get either operating system to recognize it.
Has anyone does this?  I would appreciate any help.
--
David

| David R. Hampton      \     email:  hampton@cisco.com |
| cisco Systems, Inc.    \                              |
| 1350 Willow Road        \                             |
| Menlo Park, CA 94025     \     Phone:  (415) 326-1941 |

dyer@spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) (10/27/89)

In article <HAMPTON.89Oct26211740@dustbin.cisco.com> hampton@dustbin.cisco.com (David Hampton) writes:
>I have a IBM PS/2 Model 80, with partitions for both OS/2 and AIX.  I
>am trying to install a 3Com Etherlink/MC (3C523) network card into
>the system, but cannot get either operating system to recognize it.
>Has anyone does this?  I would appreciate any help.

Sorry if this is obvious, but AIX PS/2 only supports the Ungerman-Bass
NIC baseband (ethernet) adapter.  You'd have to write a network driver
for AIX PS/2.

--
Steve Dyer
dyer@ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer