[comp.os.os2] Determining the status of a disk drive

root@dialog.UUCP (Christian Motz) (10/26/89)

Is there any way to determine whether a given disk is removable or not?
Four people in our company have already tried to retrieve this information,
but it seems that the OS is trying to make that difficult. Now, since we
*DO* have people from Microsoft in this newsgroup, we should be able to
get an answer, right? :-)

P.S.: It should be some method that works with 1.2, since we are already
      running it ...

--
Christian Motz           uucp: ...!uunet!mcvax!unido!nadia!dialog!root
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing!" -- Sledge Hammer         Bix: cmotz

motti@ocsmd.ocs.com (Motti Bazar) (10/27/89)

In article <1350@dialog.UUCP> root@dialog.UUCP (Christian Motz) writes:
>Is there any way to determine whether a given disk is removable or not?
>Four people in our company have already tried to retrieve this information,
>but it seems that the OS is trying to make that difficult. Now, since we
>*DO* have people from Microsoft in this newsgroup, we should be able to
>get an answer, right? :-)

Hi there,
If you will check the device driver doc for OS/2 you will see that there
is a call to check if the device is a removable device or not.
Regards .. Motti