[comp.os.os2] OS/2 source/binaries: where to send?

jamin@cogsci.berkeley.edu (Sugih Jamin) (10/25/89)

Since we do not have a source/binaries newsgroup or repository,
would anybody mind if I post source/binaries to this newsgroup?
If so, could anybody suggest where I can post my stuff?

What I have so far is an adaptation of microEmacs v. 3.10.
I did not port it to OS/2.  But I did modify it to work with
the mouse.  I also made some changes so that it works more
like GNU Emacs.  I tried to contact the person in charge of
microEmacs: Daniel Lawrence (nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu), but somehow
my mail couldn't reach him.  If there is no objection, I'll try
to post it up here, maybe tomorrow (10/24/89).

sugih

gilmore@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Scott Gilmore) (10/25/89)

In article <32141@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> jamin@cogsci.berkeley.edu (Sugih Jamin) writes:
>Since we do not have a source/binaries newsgroup or repository,
>would anybody mind if I post source/binaries to this newsgroup?
>If so, could anybody suggest where I can post my stuff?
>
>What I have so far is an adaptation of microEmacs v. 3.10.
>
>sugih

How about comp.binaries.ibm.pc?  The group name does not restrict it to DOS
binaries, so maybe you can post OS/2 binaries there also.  The only possible
snag I can think of is with the moderator (Rahul Dhesi) testing the programs
before he sends them out; I don't know whether he has an OS/2 system to test
them on.

... scott

hdan@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Dan Higdon) (10/26/89)

Sure, please do post here (until we can get our own .binary group).

I'm personally quite interested in your microEMACs port.  OS/2 programmers
everywhere could use a good EMACS.  Now if I could just find xlisp/2...

hdan@sleepy.cc.utexas.edu
In reality: Dan Higdon

yozzo@arnor.UUCP (Ralph Yozzo) (10/27/89)

In article <20129@ut-emx.UUCP> hdan@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Dan Higdon) writes:
>Sure, please do post here (until we can get our own .binary group).
>
>I'm personally quite interested in your microEMACs port.  OS/2 programmers
>everywhere could use a good EMACS.  Now if I could just find xlisp/2...
>
>hdan@sleepy.cc.utexas.edu
>In reality: Dan Higdon

I've recompiled xscheme for OS/2.  I willing to bet that xlisp
will compile just fine in OS/2.  There will be a couple of
changes required, (but not a lot).

| Ralph E. Yozzo                     | DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed    |
| IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Ctr. | herein are the Authors.               |
| Arpanet: yozzo@ibm.com             | And are not necessarily those of his  |
|                                    | employer.                             |
| Bitnet: yozzo@yktvmx.bitnet        \---------------------------------------|
| Home: ..!uunet!bywater!acheron!larouch!yozzo  | Phone: (914) 945-3634 work |
|                                               | Phone: (914) 564-4731 home |

ander@pawl.rpi.edu (Michael R. Primm) (10/27/89)

     I've ported (in a beta-test sort of way) several programs that have
been mentioned here:
     I've got GNU Bison ported to be a Family API (either OS-2 or DOS
runnable), which has been tested, and generates MS C compatable code.
     I've also got GNU Flex, which is also a Family API, and which also
generates MS C compatable code.
     Lastly, I've got a "just finished" port (minimal testing) of XLISP
V1.5 (with the added feature of the Berkeley Random number generator),
which should work (without graphics so far).
     If anyone wants a copy of any of these, I'll send it over.  If enough
people want 'em, I'll pipe them out over this forum.
                                                       --Mike Primm