[comp.os.os2] Logicomm

root@dialog.UUCP (Christian Motz) (11/11/89)

In article <10670004@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com> nacer@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com (Abdenacer Moussaoui) writes:

>I am looking for a shareware os-2 terminal with file transfer
>(preferably kermit) I am tired of having to go to DOS to download file
>without being able to use this "fantastic" OS-2.

How true. If you have the Communications Manager, you could use the
ASCII Terminal Emulation (VT100 or IBM3101), which at least features
an XMODEM file transfer. But for most "normal" people ;-) this is not
enough ...

>I have attempted to get from LISTSERV@BLEKUL11.BITNET
>LOG220.ARC "Logicomm comm. program v2.20" as describe in a previous
>posting to comp.os.os2 by news.@uwm.edu (Stieber) ...

Logicomm is ok under 1.1, but unfortunately it breaks under 1.2. After
displaying the initial screen it comes up with a protection violation
and is gone ... too bad.

--
Christian Motz           uucp: ...!uunet!mcsun!unido!nadia!dialog!root
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing!" -- Sledge Hammer         Bix: cmotz

mco@hpftc.UUCP (Mark C. Otto) (11/13/89)

In article <1417@dialog.UUCP> root@dialog.UUCP (Christian Motz) writes:
>In article <10670004@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com> nacer@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com (Abdenacer Moussaoui) writes:
>>I am looking for a shareware os-2 terminal with file transfer...
[Lots of good problems deleted]
>Logicomm is ok under 1.1, but unfortunately it breaks under 1.2. After...
[More reasonable complaints deleted]

Yeah.  That sounds about right.  My R&D team ran head-long into Logistique's
trap when we called for support, but nobody was home.  Considering their
location, the hoseheads probably went out for a cold one, eh?

--
Mark C. Otto     Sysop Extrordinare   UUCP: {teemc | fmsrl7 | rjf001}!hpftc!mco
Voice: 1-313-390-5001    USnail: 15301 Mercantile, Dearborn, MI. 48120