[comp.os.os2] PID to HWND

hdan@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Dan Higdon) (11/20/89)

A few days ago, I posted a message asking how to get an HWND from
the PID of a child process.  Perhaps if you knew what I had in mind,
it might be more clear.
I want to write an "iconizer", which will load programs up for PM
in iconic format, like the load= option in ms-Windows.

I was planning on DosExecPgm ASYNC-ing the task, getting its MSGQ
or HWND from the PID, and sending it the WM_ICONIZE (or whatever)
message.  The problem is, I can't re-write the children processes
to "return" their HWNDs, since I want the iconizer to be general purpose.

If any of you know of a better way to do this, PLEASE tell me!  I won't
write the program if I don't have to!

Thanks for your help in advance,
hdan@sleepy.cc.utexas.edu (really Dan Higdon)

slh@fred.cs.washington.edu (Scott Heyano) (11/20/89)

In article <21167@ut-emx.UUCP> hdan@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Dan Higdon) writes:
>A few days ago, I posted a message asking how to get an HWND from
>the PID of a child process.  Perhaps if you knew what I had in mind,
>it might be more clear.

[delete delete]

>If any of you know of a better way to do this, PLEASE tell me!  I won't
>write the program if I don't have to!

[delete delete]

I think there is a program (load) to do what you want.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(the dots are for my poster, it won't let me post a short reply)

hdan@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Dan Higdon) (11/21/89)

In article <9884@june.cs.washington.edu> slh@fred.cs.washington.edu writes:
>I think there is a program (load) to do what you want.

Where can I get "load"?  It's not included with the MS-OS/2 distribution,
at least not DELL's version of it...  I've searched through my docs and
found nothing.

hdan@sleepy.cc.utexas.edu (really Dan Higdon)