[comp.os.os2] OS/2 and VAX VT220 emulations

schwart@prism.cs.orst.edu (TONY SCHWARTZ) (11/20/89)

The company that I am working for is using VT220 terminals on a Vax system
and is looking at possibly going to micro's for it's VAX development
stations.  We also are using a Compaq 386/20e with PM as a case tool
workstation.

Are there any good OS/2 based terminal emulation packages out there that
would help to bridge the Micro-VAX gap???  Would the Extended Version
Communications Manager do the job???

Tony Schwartz
schwart@prism.CS.ORST.EDU

CCSWS@levels.sait.edu.au (Stephen Stone) (11/22/89)

In article <13886@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU>, schwart@prism.cs.orst.edu (TONY SCHWARTZ) writes:
> The company that I am working for is using VT220 terminals on a Vax system
> and is looking at possibly going to micro's for it's VAX development
> stations.  We also are using a Compaq 386/20e with PM as a case tool
> workstation.
>
> Are there any good OS/2 based terminal emulation packages out there that
> would help to bridge the Micro-VAX gap???  Would the Extended Version
> Communications Manager do the job???

I have WINQVT (VT200 emulator for Windows).  I got it from a SIMTEL20 List
server (can't yet FTP directly from Australia).  The READ.ME file which comes
with it has the following information about a PM version.  Note that this
program does Kermit and several of the ?modem protocols.

>Versions of QVT
>
>On September 1, 1989, QPC Software announced the release of QVT/PM, a
>version of QVT for OS/2 Presentation Manager.  Version 1.0 of QVT/PM
>is almost identical to WinQVT, except that 132-column support is not
>yet implemented.  QVT/PM may be ordered from QPC for $40.
>
>                        QPC Software
>                        P.O. Box 226
>                        Penfield, NY  14526

Stephen (Rocky) Stone.

Postal mail:                                 |  ACSnet mail:
    Computer Centre                          |      ccsws@levels.sait.oz
    South Australian Institute of Technology |  PSI/Spearnet Mail:
    The Levels, S.A.  5095                   |      ccsws@sait.edu.au