[comp.os.os2] Sources & binaries

roger@jolly.UUCP (Roger Holmstedt) (10/21/89)

Now that comp.os.os2 has been created, and the first message posted was
an inquiry for sources and binaries, maybe the first order of business
should be starting comp.binaries.os2 and comp.sources.os2.

Oh-h-h, okay, I _suppose_ we'll have to wait for more activity...

BTW, I'm still waiting to hear from IBM about the OS/2 1.1 --> 1.2
upgrade.  The last time (1.0 --> 1.1) it took about a month to get the
notice and then about a month to get the upgrade.  Has anybody seen the
upgrade notices yet?

...Roger...

--
Roger Holmstedt                  || "You will never find a more wretched
roger@jolly.UUCP                 || hive of scum and villiany... We must

rommel@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Kai-Uwe Rommel) (11/24/89)

We have the ability to read comp.os.os2 only since two or three days
here. I have seen an article where someone wrote about a lot of postings
in this group. Can someone please send me a list of, say, major postings
(sources, binaries) to this group ?

I have ported some programs to OS/2, namely Larry Wall's patch program,
a context diff program and a Unix make program. I corrected the dumb
terminal driver for MicroEMACS 3.10 and added some code for filename
completion and some minor things (still working).

Some utility programs for daily work were also written (among them is a
diskcopy program, that can copy disks without multiple changes as it is
expected for a system with virtual memory and some megs of real one.
That was a great experience about virtual memory and some ways to avoid
too much swapping).

Any interest ? (If so, I would post some binaries.)

Kai Uwe Rommel,
Munich

robert.ames@f628.n250.z1.fidonet.org (robert ames) (11/27/89)

In a message of <24 Nov 89 07:45:56>, rommel@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen. writes:

 >I have ported some programs to OS/2, namely Larry Wall's patch program,
 >a context diff program and a Unix make program. I corrected the dumb
 >terminal driver for MicroEMACS 3.10 and added some code for filename
 >completion and some minor things (still working).

I could use that PATCH program.

--- VPurge[OS/2] V4.01
 * Origin: Bob's OS/2 Point (1:250/628.2)

swh@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Steve Harrold) (11/28/89)

Re: Ports to OS/2

Yes, please post your work.

We would be grateful, very!!

Thanks.

rich@se-sd.NCR.COM (Rich Hume) (12/02/89)

In article <909@tuminfo1.lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de> rommel@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Kai-Uwe Rommel) writes:
>I have ported some programs to OS/2, namely Larry Wall's patch program,
>a context diff program and a Unix make program. I corrected the dumb
>terminal driver for MicroEMACS 3.10 and added some code for filename
>completion and some minor things (still working).

>Some utility programs for daily work were also written (among them is a

>Any interest ? (If so, I would post some binaries.)

Yes!  Please post any utilities for OS/2 that you can.
I am anxious to get to the point where I can get rid of
the DOS box altogether.

Rich Hume
NCR Corp.
rich.hume@se-sd.sandiego.ncr.com