[comp.os.os2] Incompatibilies with OS/2 and intel maths coprocessor

justin@griffin.itc.gu.oz (MMAX) (12/06/89)

Does anyone know of any incompatibilities with OS/2 ver 1.1 running on a
386-20 and a maths coprocessor.  I used to have OS/2 running Ok util I
recently installed a coprocessor and then reinstalled OS/2.
OS/2 seems to load up alright but after the screen appears it comes up with
an error and stops the system.

Thanks.
   	     Justin Chandler
	     Griffith University

silver@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Andy Silverman) (12/07/89)

In article <1989Dec5.220311.1151@griffin.itc.gu.oz> justin@griffin.UUCP (MMAX) writes:
>Does anyone know of any incompatibilities with OS/2 ver 1.1 running on a
>386-20 and a maths coprocessor.  I used to have OS/2 running Ok util I
>recently installed a coprocessor and then reinstalled OS/2.
>OS/2 seems to load up alright but after the screen appears it comes up with
>an error and stops the system.
What error? This is sort of crucial information.  Did you run your system's
setup program after you installed the coprocessor? Sometimes they're tricky
to put in all the way, you may want to make sure it's installed properly.
Also, why did you re-install OS/2 after putting it in? That should be
wholly unnecessary.  What kind of computer are you running it on? If it's
an IBM you need the reference disk to run the setup program.  More info,
please...
| Andy Silverman        | Internet:   silver@eniac.seas.upenn.edu |
| "All stressed out and | Compu$erve: 72261,531                   |
|  nobody to choke."    |                                         |