[comp.os.os2] RS232 driver software for OS/2

aylott@rhea.trl.oz.au (Nigel Aylott - NSS) (12/19/89)

I am needing both RS232 and ethernet driver software for OS/2.
Does anyone have any software for this?
Thanks in advance.

Nigel Aylott,	           ACSnet/UUCP/Bitnet: aylott@rhea.trl.oz
Mail: Telecom Research Laboratories, P.O. Box 249, Clayton, Victoria 3168,AUST.

harish@guille.ece.orst.edu (Harish Pillay) (12/20/89)

In article <889@trlluna.trl.oz> aylott@rhea.trl.oz.au (Nigel Aylott - NSS) writes:

>I am needing both RS232 and ethernet driver software for OS/2.
>Does anyone have any software for this?

I believe the RS232 drivers are called com01.sys and com02.sys.  What kind of
ethernet card do you have?  If it is Western Digital's, you can get them from
WD directly.  Here in Oregon State Electr & Computer Engr we are exclusively
using WD net cards and when I wanted to get OS/2 LanMan running, I just got
the MAC driver from WD and now LanMan works just fine.

>Thanks in advance.

You're welcome! :-)

>Nigel Aylott,	           ACSnet/UUCP/Bitnet: aylott@rhea.trl.oz
>Mail: Telecom Research Laboratories, P.O. Box 249, Clayton, Victoria 3168,AUST.

----
Harish Pillay                        harish@ece.orst.edu
Oregon State University

jack@csccat.UUCP (Jack Hudler) (12/21/89)

In article <14465@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> harish@guille.ECE.ORST.EDU (Harish Pillay) writes:
>In article <889@trlluna.trl.oz> aylott@rhea.trl.oz.au (Nigel Aylott - NSS) writes:
>>
>>I am needing both RS232 and ethernet driver software for OS/2.
>>Does anyone have any software for this?
>
>I believe the RS232 drivers are called com01.sys and com02.sys.  What kind of

com01.sys is for AT class machines and com02.sys is for PS/2's.

--
Jack 		Computer Support Corportion		Dallas,Texas
Hudler		UUCP: {texsun,texbell,attctc}!csccat!jack