[comp.os.os2] {followup to...} PM control of CONTROLS: Details of OS/2 1.2 Toolkit

alistair@microsoft.UUCP (Alistair BANKS) (12/27/89)

In article <4518@helios.ee.lbl.gov> kushner@ux3.lbl.gov (Gary Kushner) writes:
>When I talk to microsoft the information I get is that the
>toolkit 1.2 is not yet out, and no date has been set.  Any
>idea when 1.2 will be released to the "general public?"
>
>-Gary

OS/2 1.2, the operating system, was released a few months ago by IBM, and
will be released by many of the major OEMs early in the new year.

The OS/2 Presentation Manager Toolkit 1.2 is released this month from
Microsoft.  It is also available as an update to the 1.1 version for those
who purchased the OS/2 PM Toolkit 1.1.

The PM TK 1.2 has new .h, .lib, quickhelp, more examples, help manager,
dialog manager and Book 4, in addition to the three book series "OS/2
Programmers Reference" - book 4 contains new features and corrections
in 1.2.

Below is the main contents of the disk set, from the packing list and
the samples readme file.

Alistair Banks
OS/2 Group
Microsoft

      Packing List for Microsoft Presentation Manager Toolkit Version 1.20
				 5.25" Disk Set

		Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation, 1984, 1989

DISK 1 : Setup & Utilities 1

Files                       Description
-----                       -----------

setup.exe                   Setup program -- installs compiler
readme.doc                  Up-to-date product informaiton
packing.lst                 Comprehensive list of files in product

binb\exehdr.exe             EXE File modification utility
binb\implib.exe             Imports library creation utility
binb\lib.exe                Library maintenance utility
binb\link.exe               Linker
binb\bind.exe               Bound program creation utility
binb\mapsym.exe             .SYM file creation utility
binb\mkmsgf.exe             Message file creation utility
binb\msgbind.exe            Message file bind utility
binb\markexe.exe            Exe file marking utility
binb\os2stub.exe            DOS 3.X stub for OS/2 EXEs
binb\rc.exe                 Resource compiler
binb\rcpp.err               Error messages for preprocessor
binb\rcpp.exe               Resource compiler preprocessor

binp\dlgbox.exe             Dialog Box Editor
binp\dlgbox.hlp             Dialog Box Editor Help
binp\fontedit.exe           Font Editor
binp\fontedit.hlp           Font Editor Help
binp\iconedit.exe           Icon Editor
binp\iconedit.hlp           Icon Editor Help

ipfc\apsymbol.aps           IPF Development Files
ipfc\bmtag.tag              "
ipfc\hmtailor.rc            "
ipfc\ipfdan.nls             Danish National Language Support
ipfc\ipfdeu.nls             German National Language Support
ipfc\ipfeng.nls             English National Language Support
ipfc\ipfenu.nls             U.S. English National Language Support
ipfc\ipfesp.nls             Spanish National Language Support
ipfc\ipffin.nls             Finnish National Language Support
ipfc\ipffra.nls             French National Language Support
ipfc\ipfita.nls             Italian National Language Support
ipfc\ipfnld.nls             Dutch National Language Support
ipfc\ipfnor.nls             Norwegian National Language Support
ipfc\ipfptg.nls             Portugese National Language Support
ipfc\ipfsve.nls             Swedish National Language Support
ipfc\ipffrc.nls             French Canadian National Language Support
ipfc\ipfund.nls             U.S. English National Language Support
ipfc\ipfc.exe               Information Presentation Facility Compiler
ipfc\ipfc.hlp               IPFC Help File
ipfc\doce.exe               IPFC Development File
ipfc\docs.exe               "
ipfc\gml2ipf.exe            General Markup Lang. to IPFC Conversion
ipfc\pmhelp.h               IPFC Development Header
ipfc\hmtailor.h             "

cvp\cvp.exe                 Protect-Mode CodeView
cvp\cvp.hlp                 CodeView Help
cvp\readme.doc              CodeView Read Me

DISK 2 : Utilities 2

Files                       Description
-----                       -----------

dll\readme                  Debug and SYM file info
dll\pmgre.dll               OS/2 PM Debug DLL
dll\pmwin.dll               "
dll\pmavio.sym              OS/2 PM Symbolic Debug Info
dll\pmgpi.sym               "
dll\pmgre.sym               "
dll\pmshapi.sym             "
dll\pmspl.sym               "
dll\pmtrace.sym             "
dll\pmwin.sym               "
dll\pmdd.sys                "

lib\api.lib                 OS/2 Development Library
lib\apilmr.obj              "
lib\os2.lib                 "

include\BSEDOS.H            OS/2 and PM Include Files
include\BSE.H               "
include\BSEDEV.H            "
include\BSEERR.H            "
include\BSESUB.H            "
include\OS2.H               "
include\OS2DEF.H            "
include\PM.H                "
include\PMAVIO.H            "
include\PMBITMAP.H          "
include\PMDEV.H             "
include\PMFONT.H            "
include\PMGPI.H             "
include\PMORD.H             "
include\PMSHL.H             "
include\PMWIN.H             "
include\PMERR.H             "
include\PMHELP.H            "
include\PMMLE.H             "
include\PMPIC.H             "
include\PMTYPES.H           "

qh\qh.exe                   QuickHelp Program
qh\qh.hlp                   QuickHelp Help File
qh\rc.hlp                   Resource Compiler Help
qh\helpmake.exe             Creates and customizes help files
qh\mshelp.dll               Help engine for QH.EXE

DISK 3 : QuickHelp 1

Files                       Description
-----                       -----------

overview.hlp                OS/2 Concepts overview help file
wincalls.hlp                OS/2 WIN and Message API help file
subcalls.hlp                OS/2 Subsystems API help file

DISK 4 : QuickHelp 2

Files                       Description
-----                       -----------

os2.hlp                     OS/2 commands help file
gpicalls.hlp                OS/2 Graphics API help file
doscalls.hlp                OS/2 DOS API help file

DISK 5 : Dialog Manager

Files                       Description
-----                       -----------

dm\readme.doc               Development/Use Notes
dm\dmdisply.exe             Panel Display Utility
dm\egieaen.eas
dm\egieadll.eas
dm\isplib.dtl
dm\isphelp.hlp
dm\dmref.inf                DM Help Manager Info

dm\dll\egidmc1.dll          DM Development DLL's
dm\dll\egidmc1.tdf          "
dm\dll\egidmn1.dll          "
dm\dll\egidmn1.tdf          "
dm\dll\egidmn2.dll          "
dm\dll\egidmn2.tdf          "
dm\dll\egidmp1.dll          "
dm\dll\egidmp1.tdf          "
dm\dll\egidms1.dll          "
dm\dll\egidms1.tdf          "
dm\dll\egidmv.dll           "
dm\dll\egidmv.tdf           "
dm\dll\egidmx1.dll          "
dm\dll\egidmx1.tdf          "
dm\dll\egiznls.dll          "
dm\dll\egiznls.tdf          "
dm\dll\egiyerr.dll          "
dm\dll\egiyerr.tdf          "
dm\dll\egiycbmp.dll         "
dm\dll\egiycbsp.dll         "
dm\dll\egiycisp.dll         "
dm\dll\egiyfisp.dll         "
dm\dll\egiypisp.dll         "
dm\dll\ispcir.dll           "
dm\dll\ispmsgdb.dll         "
dm\dll\dm8e0000.tff         "
dm\dll\dm8e1000.tff         "
dm\dll\dm8e2000.tff         "
dm\dll\dm8e3000.tff         "
dm\dll\dm8e4000.tff         "
dm\dll\dm8e5000.tff         "
dm\dll\dm8e6000.tff         "
dm\dll\dm8e7000.tff         "
dm\dll\dm8e8000.tff         "

dm\lib\co_isp.lib           DM Development Library
dm\lib\co_ispm.lib          "
dm\lib\c_isp.lib            "
dm\lib\fo_isp.lib           "
dm\lib\p_isp.lib            "

dm\c\dmdepet.c              DM "C" Sample & Headers
dm\c\dmdeucs.c              "
dm\c\dmdefs.c               "
dm\c\dmdemo.c               "
dm\c\dmdedm1.ico            "
dm\c\dmdemo.def             "
dm\c\dmdemo.h               "
dm\c\dmdemo.mak             "
dm\c\dmdemoh.gml            "
dm\c\dmdemop.gml            "
dm\c\dmdemo.arf             "
dm\c\ispuser.h              "
dm\c\isperror.h             "
dm\c\ispcast.h              "

dm\cobol\ispcobol.inc       DM Cobol Sample & Includes
dm\cobol\dmdemoh.gml        "
dm\cobol\dmdemop.gml        "
dm\cobol\dmdemoco.arf       "
dm\cobol\dmdeqdrv.cbl       "
dm\cobol\dmdemoco.cbl       "
dm\cobol\dmdemoco.def       "
dm\cobol\dmdedm1.ico        "

dm\fortran\ispfort.inc      DM Fortran Include

dm\pascal\isppasc.inp       DM Pascal Include

dtl\dtlc.exe                Tag Language Development File
dtl\dtld.exe                "
dtl\dmdidsph.hlp            "
dtl\dmdidsp.dtl             "
dtl\edwh.msg                "
dtl\edw.msg                 "
dtl\edwsgml.msg             "
dtl\dm.dtd                  "
dtl\edwndan.nls             "
dtl\edwndeu.nls             "
dtl\edwneng.nls             "
dtl\edwnenu.nls             "
dtl\edwnesp.nls             "
dtl\edwnfin.nls             "
dtl\edwnfra.nls             "
dtl\edwnfrc.nls             "
dtl\edwnita.nls             "
dtl\edwnnld.nls             "
dtl\edwnnor.nls             "
dtl\edwnptg.nls             "
dtl\edwnsve.nls             "

DISK 6 : Samples 1

Sample Name	Illustrates...

ACCEL           Calls included with INCL_WINACCELERATORS to generate keyboard
                accelerators through a dialog box

BIGBEN          Simple text-based clock program.  Uses various VIO calls.

BIO		A biorhythm chart drawing application.  Demonstrates writing
		to the clipboard, and GPI calls.

BROWSE		Drawing in an AVIO Presentation Space, with scrollbars.
		It allows you to browse through a specified file.

CALC/DCALC	Bitmaps, hit testing, drawing using GpiBox, GpiLine;
		and some manual drawing

CASCADE         Demonstrates cascading menus

CHASER          Multi-threaded text game which demonstrates Mouse API calls

CLIPVIEW        Sample PM app; allows user to browse contents of clipboard.
                Shows how to process clipboard formats, handle scroll bars,
                use listboxes and save large BITMAP files.

CLOCK           Window subclassing, frame control processing, Gpi transforms
		This application displays a clock; the title and menu bars
		can be removed by double-clicking; and dragging any part
		of the window results in the entire window being moved

COMTALK		A PM Terminal Application.  Uses AVIO, and multiple threads.

CPGREP          A multi-threaded grep variation

DDEMGR          DDE communications manager (DLL) and related sample apps.

DLGSAMP		Demonstrates various types of dialog boxes

EDPLINE		Demonstrates Gpi calls to draw lines and curves

EXPAND          Dialog box expansion

FATPEL		A nice drawing package which shows which pixels get lit up
		when a line (or Fillet, Spline, Point Arc) is drawn

FDIR            Conversion of long filenames to standard (8.3) and how to
                determine the longname from the EA of a FAT file.

HANOI           Towers of Hanoi solver.  Demonstrates use of multiple threads
                to handle PM interface and recursive algorithm.

INIEDIT		Allows browsing of OS2.INI file (WinProfile calls); also
		loads printer options from OS2.INI properly for printing

JIGSAW          A nice visual jigsaw puzzle application; demonstrates Gpi
                calls for segment storage, clipping to regions, Bit Blts

LINEFRAC	Drawing with multiple threads, bitmaps as menu items, how
		to read/write bitmaps, and Gpi calls

MDI		Demonstrates the standard Multiple Document Interface

MSGBOX		Allows the user to experiment with various message box styles

OPENDLG		Standardized "File...Open" and "File...Save As" dialog boxes
		Includes a sample program (HELLO) to show how to use the DLL.

PIPES           Uses DosMakePipe to demonstrate interprocess communication.

PMCAP		Allows screen dumps to bitmap files

PRINT           Two sample PM apps which print the presentation space of
                the active window to a printer.

SHARE           Use of shared memory and ram semaphores between seperate
                processes.

SNAP		Screen snapshotting utility.  Allows regions to be selected.

SORT            Uses multiple threads to sort and plot data in PM window.

SPY		Message hooking/debugging utility

SUSPEND         Demo of DosSuspendThread/DosResumeThread.

TED             PM text editor which utilizes the IPFC Help Manager and an
                MLE for text interaction.

TERMINAL        Simple ANSI terminal emulator.

VECTFONT	Shows off OS/2 Vector Font capabilities