[comp.os.os2] PMQVT

Randy.Harner@p1.f11.n372.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Randy Harner) (01/30/90)

In a message to Randy Harner <28 Jan 90  7:51:00> Emmitt Dove wrote:

 ED> "What is the latest version of PMQVT ? I can't get the Zmodem to work
 ED> "in the version I have was compiled 890918 .

 ED> That is the latest date here.

That's where I got it, I beleive. Neat program, just wished
it would work. Finally got BTPlock up. Is there a AMAX-like
utility for OS/2 ?

--
Randy Harner - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: alberta!dvinci!weyr!372!11.1!Randy.Harner

Bill.Andrus@weyr.FIDONET.ORG (Bill Andrus) (01/31/90)

 >That's where I got it, I beleive. Neat program, just wished
 >it would work. Finally got BTPlock up. Is there a AMAX-like
 >utility for OS/2 ?

No, going to write one?

 (1:109/301.10)
--
Bill Andrus - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: alberta!dvinci!weyr!Bill.Andrus

Randy.Harner@p1.f11.n372.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Randy Harner) (02/01/90)

In a message to Randy Harner <30 Jan 90 20:19:00> Bill Andrus wrote:

 >>That's where I got it, I beleive. Neat program, just wished
 >>it would work. Finally got BTPlock up. Is there a AMAX-like
 >>utility for OS/2 ?

 BA> No, going to write one?

I'd give it a shot, but I don't know "C" *YET* . and TP
won't do OS/2. I'll have to see what MSC costs... Does TC do
OS/2 ?

--

Joe.Salemi@p1.f136.n109.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Joe Salemi) (02/02/90)

In a message to Bill Andrus <31 Jan 90  18:50:14> Randy Harner wrote:

 RH> I'd give it a shot, but I don't know "C" *YET* . and TP
 RH> won't do OS/2. I'll have to see what MSC costs... Does TC do
 RH> OS/2 ?

No; none of the borland languages support OS/2 yet.

--
Joe Salemi - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: alberta!dvinci!weyr!109!136.1!Joe.Salemi

Peter.Fitzsimmons@p1.f628.n250.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Peter Fitzsimmons) (02/02/90)

 > I'd give it a shot, but I don't know "C" *YET* . and TP
 > won't do OS/2. I'll have to see what MSC costs... Does TC do
 > OS/2 ?

No -- none of the turbo compilers produce os/2 code.  But MS has a
pascal compiler that does.  Actually, MS has os/2 compilers for just
about everything now (c/basic/fortran/cobol/pascal).  I don't know
if there is support for PM in pascal though. (Logtitech has a
modula-2 compiler that supports PM).

I use Sammy Mitchel's QEDIT editor for os/2, and it is written in MS
Pascal.  The DOS version of QEDIT is written in TurboPascal, so I
would assume the MS pascal is just as good -- or better (os/2
support!).

--
Peter Fitzsimmons - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: alberta!dvinci!weyr!250!628.1!Peter.Fitzsimmons

Knox.Cameron@p0.f421.n711.z3.FIDONET.ORG (Knox Cameron) (02/03/90)

I am using the same version of PMQVT (9/9/89), but can only get XMODEM
to work for file transfers. It also freezes on sending the first character
to the modem unless you initialise the COM port with MODE before running
it.

I am running a Netcomm M5 at 9600 baud, and QVT gets left behind!

All in all, a program with potential, but I reckon we're still waiting
for a good PM based comms program!

Regards

--
Knox Cameron - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: alberta!dvinci!weyr!3!711!421.0!Knox.Cameron