[comp.os.os2] Complaint About Word Wrap

lowey@f43.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Kevin Lowey) (02/05/90)

 > I received the following message via netmail and I have no idea how to

 > From: asuvax.eas.asu.edu!bosco.Berkeley.EDU!raymond (Raymond Chen)

 Here is the easiest way to reply.  Send mail to your nearest uucp
 gateway (if all else fails, send netmail to 1:140/22).  Address it to
 UUCP.  Make the first line of your message:

 TO: asuvax.eas.asu.edu!bosco.Berkeley.ECU!raymond

 This came from the "From" line in the header of the message that was
 sent to you.  Make sure a blank line separates this line from the rest
 of your message.  The gateway will then forward the message on to the
 recipient.

 >If word wrapping at some fixed column position is required, that would
 >be the job of the receiving system or the gateway, not the originating
 >system.

 I agree.  I am writing a utility to fix this problem.  It should be
 fixed within the week.

 Normally I would have posted this in Netmail, but I'm sure many of you
 may have similar questions.

 - Kevin "Gatekeeper" Lowey

--
Kevin Lowey - via Benden Weyr - FidoNet Node 1:140/22
use UUCP:     alberta!dvinci!lowey