        When invoking detach, for example: DETACH TREE C: > FILES.TXT
and a Process Identification number is displayed.

        Questions:

        #1.  Is there anyone to KILL the PROCESS based on the PI# ?

        #2.  Is there anyway to check Status on the PI#?

                Thanks for your comments,

                        Joseph
--
Joseph Savard - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: alberta!dvinci!weyr!170!614!Joseph.Savard

risto@tuura.UUCP (Risto Lankinen) (02/07/90)

Joseph.Savard@f614.n170.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Joseph Savard) writes:

>        When invoking detach, for example: DETACH TREE C: > FILES.TXT
>and a Process Identification number is displayed.
>        Questions:
>        #1.  Is there anyone to KILL the PROCESS based on the PI# ?
>        #2.  Is there anyway to check Status on the PI#?

For the first question I have no answer, but for the second there is
command 'PSTAT [/C|/S|/L|/M|/P:<pid>]' .  The 'PSTAT' alone displays
information such as process statuses, DLL usage, thread usage, etc.
The switches allow selective filtering of the otherwise sometimes
tremendously long output.  The OS/2 version I have is 1.2 .  See the
'Command Reference' in Group - Main for more info.

terveisin: Risto Lankinen