[comp.os.os2] IBM 1.2 CSD

Brad.Thurber@p1.f9.n236.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Brad Thurber) (01/30/90)

 >> BA> There are both Toolkit 1.2 CSD and the SE 1.2 refresh now in the
 >>shipping pipeline.  Start hounding your suppliers.  ('Bout time for both,
 >>I'd say.)

I have been reading about CSDs for the past month or so.  How do I get the latest CSD for 1.2?

--
Brad Thurber - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: alberta!dvinci!weyr!236!9.1!Brad.Thurber

Kenneth.Neal@p0.f69.n110.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Kenneth Neal) (01/30/90)

 BA> My sources are the Support Center, and the manager responsible for
releasing the refresh for distribution.  Why?

  I had not seen much info from the NSC.  Dave told why it had been
delayed.  And I think Mike said, real soon.  Will check there again.

--
Kenneth Neal - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: alberta!dvinci!weyr!110!69.0!Kenneth.Neal

Bill.Andrus@p12.f301.n109.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Bill Andrus) (01/31/90)

 > BA> There are both Toolkit 1.2 CSD and the SE 1.2 refresh now in the
 > BA> shipping pipeline.  Start hounding your suppliers.
 >
 >Bill,
 >   Could you let us know the id number for the SE 1.2 refresh package. My
 >dealer has been told by his contact that the CSD for SE 1.1 is the latest
 >one available and seems a little hesitant to try anything again for me
 >until I can get him the number. I need 5.25 disks, don't know if the
 >number is the same for 5.25 and 3.5.

Apparently all three sources that told me both packages were on their way were wrong.  Latest "poop" (as of 1/30/90 14:50 EST) is that the diskettes are back in development.  When I actually get them (at this point, probably multiple copies) I'll post their id numbers.

--
Bill Andrus - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: alberta!dvinci!weyr!109!301.12!Bill.Andrus

Randy.Harner@p1.f11.n372.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Randy Harner) (02/01/90)

In a message to Bill Andrus <29 Jan 90 13:53:00> Brad Thurber wrote:

 >>>shipping pipeline.  Start hounding your suppliers.  ('Bout time for both,
 >>>I'd say.)
 >>>

 BT> I have been reading about CSDs for the past month or so.  How do I
 BT> get the latest CSD for 1.2?

Contact Your IBM dealer. If you ARE an IBM dealer, contact Tech Support.

--
Randy Harner - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: alberta!dvinci!weyr!372!11.1!Randy.Harner

Bill.Andrus@weyr.FIDONET.ORG (Bill Andrus) (02/02/90)

 > BA> My sources are the Support Center, and the manager responsible for
 >releasing the refresh for distribution.  Why?
 >
 >  I had not seen much info from the NSC.  Dave told why it had been
 >delayed.  And I think Mike said, real soon.  Will check there again.

Got my refresh diskettes yesterday.  Same IDs as the original ones.

 (1:109/301.10)
--
Bill Andrus - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: alberta!dvinci!weyr!Bill.Andrus

feustel@well.UUCP (David Alan Feustel) (02/05/90)

The latest word from Microsoft regarding the OS/2 v 1.2 update
originally promised for November 89 is that it will be shipped in
March 90.  This is the 3rd or 4th postponement of this update.
--
Phone:	219-482-9631	FAX: by arrangement
E-mail:	feustel@well.sf.ca.us

feustel@well.sf.ca.us (David Alan Feustel) (02/09/90)

feustel@well.UUCP (David Alan Feustel) writes:

>The latest word from Microsoft regarding the OS/2 v 1.2 update
>originally promised for November 89 is that it will be shipped in
>March 90.  This is the 3rd or 4th postponement of this update.

Having said that I got my update 2 days later from IBM.