[comp.os.os2] MSDOS/OS2 .EXE file formats

erm33994@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (02/11/90)

I am looking for any information that could explain, in detail, how
the .exe files work in MS-DOS. I have some documentation, but it is
very sketchy, and I need to know more. If anyone has or knows where
I can get this information, please send me some e-mail at:

	erm33994@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

I appreciate any response. Thanx in advance.

				Eric

Eric R. Medley
Univ. of Illinois
erm33994@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
"The pain is always in the effort and not in the final product."

richgi@microsoft.UUCP (Richard GILLMANN) (02/14/90)

In article <133000001@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> erm33994@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>I am looking for any information that could explain, in detail, how
>the .exe files work in MS-DOS. I have some documentation, but it is

The .exe file format for MS-DOS is explained in detail in the MS-DOS
Encyclopedia, published by Microsoft Press, 1988.  Article 20,
Section II explains the format and how the linker produces it from
.obj files.