[comp.os.os2] PM window placement on startup

ken@pyr.gatech.EDU (Ken Hall) (02/16/90)

Is there any way to set the window placement in PM at system startup?

You know, like the desktop handles it on the apple.
--
Ken Hall - Department Manager         |    Bellnet:  (404) 894-5559
Office of the Assoc. VP for Bus & Fin |    Bitnet:   khall@gtri01.gatech.edu

osbornk@mist.cs.orst.edu (Kasey S. Osborn) (02/16/90)

In article <9880@pyr.gatech.EDU> ken@pyr.gatech.edu.gatech.edu (Ken Hall)
writes:
>Is there any way to set the window placement in PM at system startup?
>
>You know, like the desktop handles it on the apple.

Yes, if you have 1.2.  Select 'Save' from the Desktop Manager.  The positions
for the Destop Manager and all the Group windows will be retained.  I know
of no way to accomplish this in 1.1.

Kasey O.
"There's a lot to be said for brevity."

eric@interlan.UUCP (Eric Anderson) (02/17/90)

Follow-on question:

	Is there a way to make icons get placed somewhere other than across
the bottom of the screen when they're created.  I prefer that they go up the
right side of the display myself.  I'm currently using 1.1.

Eric