[comp.os.os2] Disk copy in OS/2

rtb89@cbnewse.ATT.COM (roy.t.bradstrum) (03/01/90)

I am fairly new to OS/2 (just installed 1.2 on my homemade
PC clone last Sunday) and I have a question about
copying a floppy disk from drive a: to drive a:. Instead
of just storing up all of the contents in ram (I have
4meg) the copy command takes about 256k at a time and
keeps asking me to swap disks. I am sure that an equivalent
to the Norton Utilities will eventually be available for
OS/2 and the HPFS file system but for now I am wondering
if there is a better way to copy floppy disks.

Thanks in advance for any info on this:

Todd Bradstrum

P.S. Anyone know of any good public domain communications
for OS/2 ?

osbornk@mist.cs.orst.edu (Kasey S. Osborn) (03/03/90)

In article <13310@cbnewse.ATT.COM> rtb89@cbnewse.ATT.COM (roy.t.bradstrum)
writes:

>I am fairly new to OS/2 (just installed 1.2 on my homemade
>PC clone last Sunday) and I have a question about
>copying a floppy disk from drive a: to drive a:. Instead
>of just storing up all of the contents in ram (I have
>4meg) the copy command takes about 256k at a time and
>keeps asking me to swap disks. I am sure that an equivalent

You might want to look at DSKCPY2 available through anonymous FTP from
mtsg.ubc.ca (128.189.103.1) in the OS2 directory.

Kasey