[comp.os.os2] Lan Manager and RFC 1001/1002 Netbios

tony@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (Anthony Olejnik) (03/09/90)

I understand that IBM's implementation (and maybe others) of
Lan Manager will suport the NetBios interface under OS2.

However, in the DOS world there is a standard which specifies
NetBIos over TCP (RFC 1001, 1002).

IBM recently announced an implementation of TCP/IP under OS2 (EE 1.2).

Does anyone know if there's an implementation of Netbios over TCP for
OS2?

Any help would be *GREATLY* appreciated.

Thanks.

--tony olejnik
  University of Pennsylvania
  Data Communications and Computing Services

jack@csccat.UUCP (Jack Hudler) (03/09/90)

In article <21501@netnews.upenn.edu> tony@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (Anthony Olejnik) writes:
>Does anyone know if there's an implementation of Netbios over TCP for
>OS2?
>Any help would be *GREATLY* appreciated.

I Please post a summary of your replies.. I am most interested in this.

--
Jack 		Computer Support Corportion		Dallas,Texas
Hudler		UUCP: {texsun,texbell}!csccat!jack