[comp.os.os2] OS/2 Development Packages and MSC 6.0

MICHELBI@oregon.uoregon.edu (Michel Biedermann) (03/28/90)

In article <13806@cbnewse.ATT.COM>, rtb89@cbnewse.ATT.COM (roy.t.bradstrum) writes:
> I have also heard that MS C 6.0 will not have
> support for Object Oriented Programming but will
> support OS/2. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

According to the latest PC Week, MSC 6.0 will of course support OS/2 as
did MSC 5.1, but it will NOT come bundled with any PM libraries.  This means
that one still has to buy an additional program to develop software for PM.

I find that quite disturbing.  Given that software for PM is not exactly
forthcoming, Microsoft could at least have given the necessary tools for
programers to give PM programming a try.

Michel Biedermann
U. of Oregon
Zenith Educational Rep.