[comp.os.os2] OS/2 1.1 Installation Problem

dmatlock@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Delbert Matlock) (04/30/90)

In article <17538@well.sf.ca.us> mwarnett@well.sf.ca.us (Martin Warnett) writes:
>I am trying to install OS/2 1.1 on a clone. When I try and boot the
>installation disk I get a read error. I can read the disk under DOS.

This is a well known problem with many clones.  I don't know what kind of BIOS
you do have, but I suspect it is oddball.  I didn't have any luck getting
either IBM OS/2 1.1 or 1.2 to run on Zenith 286 and 386 clones.  About all
you can do is wait for the clone manufacturer to release a version of OS/2 1.2
the will run on your computer.

I wouldn't mind hearing of a version of OS/2 1.2 that does run on a Zenith.