[comp.os.os2] TopSpeed Modula2 OS/2 programs

sc155113@seas.gwu.edu (Timur Tabi) (05/02/90)

I have a strange suspicion that programs compiled under TopSpeed's
Modula-2 for OS/2 will not run under Start Programs.  My copy of
M2ZMODEM.EXE refuses to run from Start Programs, even though it
runs fine from the command line.  I think this is the only Modula-2
program I have.  This bug has been present in three different
versions.

Does anyone use TopSpeed Modula-2 for OS/2 development?  Is anyone
experiencing a similar problem?

d9mikael@dtek.chalmers.se (Mikael Wahlgren) (05/04/90)

In article <1825@sparko.gwu.edu> sc155113@seas.gwu.edu () writes:
>I have a strange suspicion that programs compiled under TopSpeed's
>Modula-2 for OS/2 will not run under Start Programs.  My copy of
>M2ZMODEM.EXE refuses to run from Start Programs, even though it
>runs fine from the command line.  I think this is the only Modula-2
>program I have.  This bug has been present in three different
>versions.

I am the author of the named program (M2ZMODEM) and it is startable from
the PM Start Program menu, in both Full Screen text windows and PM text
windows (later versions will default to PM text windows).  I have never
experienced the problem you name, and no user have complained of this before.
I think you are setting up your environment wrong in some way.

If you contact me by private mail, I will help you further (current release
of M2ZMODEM is 2.05).

Mikael Wahlgren      d9mikael@dtek.chalmers.se