[comp.os.os2] 1.2 Editor

tg2r@dale.acc.Virginia.EDU (Todd Greenwald) (05/07/90)

A couple of questions to 1.2 users.  I just upgraded from 1.1
and although the system looks infinitely better, I'm paralyzed by
the reworked editor.  Specifically, how do you know what line
your on, and can you switch between files (alla F2 in 1.1)?

Thanks in advance
Todd Greenwald

yozzo@gondor.watson.ibm.com (Ralph Yozzo) (05/08/90)

In article <1990May6.181801.8294@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> tg2r@dale.acc.Virginia.EDU (Todd Greenwald) writes:

>A couple of questions to 1.2 users.  I just upgraded from 1.1
>and although the system looks infinitely better, I'm paralyzed by
>the reworked editor.  Specifically, how do you know what line
>your on, and can you switch between files (alla F2 in 1.1)?
>
>Thanks in advance
>Todd Greenwald

Speaking only for myself, it appears that the 1.2 system editor
was created with the expectation that it would only be
used to edit small files (e.g., the CONFIG.SYS) and that
a person would have a real editor for there daily work.

I believe that the answer to the switching files question
is that one is suppose to start up two editors
and switching files is a matter of clicking on a window (eck.)