[comp.os.os2] Kermit

davidbro@microsoft.UUCP (Dave BROWN) (05/09/90)

Has anyone done a complete port of Kermit to OS/2?  (the kind that presents
a command line and accepts commands like "remote host foo" &c)

Or maybe someone can point me to the sources for C-Kermit, and I'll do the
port.  Unfortunately, I can't ftp anything, so I need a way to have it sent
to me...

thanks...

dave
--
Dave Brown                                       ...!uunet!microsoft!davidbro
...ni ssendriew eht tel eW

lowey@herald.usask.ca (Kevin Lowey) (05/09/90)

From article <54532@microsoft.UUCP>, by davidbro@microsoft.UUCP (Dave BROWN):
> Has anyone done a complete port of Kermit to OS/2?  (the kind that presents
> a command line and accepts commands like "remote host foo" &c)

There are currently two versions of C-Kermit for OS/2.  One is a vio version,
the other is a PM version.   Both are based on C-Kermit.

The PM version is still an experimental version, not all the menu items are
implemented.  Some of the new features in it include TEK4010 emulation, with
the ability to save plots drawn to an HPGL file.  It also has  a more  logical
keyboard layout.

You can download the VIO version of kermit from my Fidonet BBS.  8 data bits,
one stop bit, no parity, (306) 966-4857.  The files are:

CKOEXE.ZIP   -   VIO version of C kermit - executable
CKOSRC.ZIP   -   C source code for CKOKER.
CKOPMTST.ZIP -   C Kermit for OS/2 Presentation Manager Test version.

These can also be downloaded from the normal Kermit distribution channels
(KERMSERV@CUVMA.BITNET), and from the OS/2 listserver at BLKUL1 (I think)

I'll try posting them to COMP.BINARIES.OS2.

-- Kevin Lowey

sorber@motcid.UUCP (Russell C. Sorber) (05/09/90)

davidbro@microsoft.UUCP (Dave BROWN) writes:

>Has anyone done a complete port of Kermit to OS/2?  (the kind that presents
>a command line and accepts commands like "remote host foo" &c)

Try the Lattice, Inc bulletin board.  Phone numbers for Lattice are
	(708) 916-1600 (bus #).
	(708) 916-1200 (possibly 916-1100, I may have the tech
	support and the BBS number mixed up!)

They also sell a C compiler for OS/2, which in fact pre-dates Microsort.
I don't think you need to be a customer to download from the BBS, but
this policy may have changed.

Russ Sorber