[comp.os.os2] PM toolkit 1.2

ddl@husc6.harvard.edu (Dan Lanciani) (05/05/90)

	I just received my 1.2 PM toolkit upgrade and was slightly
disappointed to find that it had the same version of link.exe (5.03)
as the 1.1 PM toolkit.  The documentation doesn't mention anything
about setting the long-filename flag though the new markexe.exe will
do it.  Anyone know which version of link supports the new def keyword
for long filenames?

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@harvard.*

yozzo@larouch.uucp (Ralph Yozzo) (05/31/90)

In article <2784@husc6.harvard.edu> ddl@husc6.harvard.edu (Dan Lanciani) writes:

>	I just received my 1.2 PM toolkit upgrade and was slightly
>disappointed to find that it had the same version of link.exe (5.03)
>as the 1.1 PM toolkit.  The documentation doesn't mention anything
>about setting the long-filename flag though the new markexe.exe will
>do it.  Anyone know which version of link supports the new def keyword
>for long filenames?
>
>				Dan Lanciani
>				ddl@harvard.*

The linker that comes with OS/2 1.2 EE handles the NEWFILES bit.

The way to say that an application can see long file names
is to have a line in the .DEF that reads

NAME WINDOWCOMPAT NEWFILES

This turns on windowed execution and greater than 8.3 file names

==Ralph E. Yozzo ==
==Arpanet: yozzo@ibm.com==
==Bitnet: yozzo@yktvmx.bitnet==
==Home: ..!uunet!bywater!acheron!larouch!yozzo ===Ph:(914)945-3634 or 564-4731