[comp.os.os2] C++ for OS/2, where to get from ?

johnny@edvvie.at (Johann Schweigl/104857600) (06/14/90)

I am currently looking for a C++-Compiler for IBM OS/2. I've heard about
Zorland's and Borland's products, but I believe they both produce object
code directly. Something like Glockenspiel C++ available? From where?

Please reply by email. Thanxalot. Regards, Johnny
--
This does not reflect the   | Johann  Schweigl | DOS?
opinions of my employer.    | johnny@edvvie.at | Kind of complicated

tim@gistdev.gist.com (Tim Larson) (06/15/90)

johnny@edvvie.at (Johann Schweigl/104857600) writes:

>I am currently looking for a C++-Compiler for IBM OS/2. I've heard about
>Zorland's and Borland's products, but I believe they both produce object
>code directly. Something like Glockenspiel C++ available? From where?

	The product I believe you are thinking of is called "CommonView".
	Commonview is an Application Framework for MS-Windows and Presentation
	Manager.  It is a set of pretested C++ classes.  CommonView comes with
	the Glockenspiel C++ Preprocessor.

	CommonView currently works with MS-WINDOWS and OS/2 Presentation
	Manger.

	CommonView will eventually work with other environments such
	as OSF/Motif and HP NewWave.

	Product Name:	CommonView Class Library and Glockenspiel C++ compiler

	Source:
			ImageSoft, Inc

			2 Haven Avenue,
			Port Washington,