[comp.os.os2] Epson 9-pin printer driver

root@dialog.stgt.sub.org (Christian Motz) (06/28/90)

In article <3054@tuminfo1.lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de> rommel@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Kai-Uwe Rommel) writes:

> [about problems with the EPSON printer drivers...]
>
>I am using IBM OS/2 1.2 SE (new version).

.MINOR FLAME ON

Why can't people simply state the CSD level of  the  operating  system
version they are running? OS/2 has such a nice command that  lets  you
find out what version you're running (ever heard of "syslevel"?),  but
it seems that nobody uses it. All that people usually say is " I  have
this new version of OS/2 ..."
   Well, let me tell you something: What may be a new version for  you
may be quite some old stuff for me, or the other way round,  depending
on who has got the better sources (e.g. participant of IBM's DAP).

.MINOR FLAME OFF

Sorry about this, but I simply couldn't hold it back ...  once  again,
politely: Pleeeeeaaaaaase state the CSD level when  asking  questions,
because it makes things more easier should someone bother to check out
the mentioned problem, be it IBM, Microsoft or a "private citizen". It
really isn't that much  trouble,  and  it  might  just  increase  your
chances of getting a reply to your posting.

--
Christian Motz                                root@dialog.stgt.sub.org