[comp.os.os2] NDIS Drivers for non-standard hardware

mshiels@tmsoft.uucp (Michael A. Shiels) (07/11/90)

Has anyone implemented NDIS drivers for talking across SERIAL/SLIP/PPP lines?

I am still trying to findout if I can interface from inside of a NDIS driver
to a secondary driver implemented by Eicon (of Montreal, Quebec, CANADA).
They have a X.25 system for OS/2.  Only problem is  I think it is a linked in
system instead of driver calls.

sharon@asylum.SF.CA.US (Sharon Fisher) (07/14/90)

In article <j9l2pc6io@tmsoft.uucp> mshiels@tmsoft.UUCP (Michael A. Shiels) writes:
>Has anyone implemented NDIS drivers for talking across SERIAL/SLIP/PPP lines?
>
>I am still trying to findout if I can interface from inside of a NDIS driver
>to a secondary driver implemented by Eicon (of Montreal, Quebec, CANADA).
>They have a X.25 system for OS/2.  Only problem is  I think it is a linked in
>system instead of driver calls.

My understanding is that 3Com is working on an extension of their NDIS
spec, to be called WANDIS, for the functionality that you describe.
If I'm wrong, 3Com People, please correct me...