[comp.os.os2] Magazines for OS/2?

gerry@dialogic.dialogic.com (Gerry Lachac) (07/14/90)

Does anyone know of any OS/2 specific magazines?  I would be interested
in the more technically oriented variety.

Thanks...

-gerry

sharon@asylum.SF.CA.US (Sharon Fisher) (07/16/90)

In article <1249@dialogic.UUCP> gerry@dialogic.dialogic.com (Gerry Lachac) writes:
>Does anyone know of any OS/2 specific magazines?  I would be interested
>in the more technically oriented variety.

I don`t know of any magazines offhand.  I know of two newsletters that
existed at one point -- one by Stan M-Longname :-) of Byte, and one by
Dataquest.

m1phm02@fed.frb.gov (Patrick H. McAllister) (07/17/90)

Microsoft just recently started publishing a mag called 'OS/2' or something
like that -- a picture of Billy on the front of the first issue. It appears
(I just glanced through it in a bookstore) that it will mix tech info and
marketing hype.

Pat

tholen@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (David Tholen) (07/18/90)

In article <M1PHM02.90Jul17120224@mfsws6.fed.frb.gov>, m1phm02@fed.frb.gov (Patrick H. McAllister) writes:

> Microsoft just recently started publishing a mag called 'OS/2' or something
> like that -- a picture of Billy on the front of the first issue. It appears
> (I just glanced through it in a bookstore) that it will mix tech info and
> marketing hype.

Well, Bill Gates is on the cover, but Microsoft isn't the publisher; the
Silicon Beach Operation is.  Call 1-800-322-9873 for more information.

(Not associated with SBO or OS/2 Magazine.)