[comp.os.os2] New OS/2 1.20 Standard Edition

david@metapyr.UUCP (David Relson) (07/27/90)

For the last several months, the computing press has been reporting that OS/2
SE v1.21 will be release "real soon now".  It was released by IBM on 7/2/90.
Officially it is known as CSD 4069 (Corrective Service Diskette).  It comes
as fixes to the previous version (CSD 4020) and you run a FIX procedure to
load it.  The FIX procedure replaces existing files on your disk.  Note that
it is not a full INSTALL.  Some of your old files (dated 11/10/89) will remain
along with all the new ones (dated 5/25/90).  The old files ARE needed.

I got the new version slightly by accident.  My dealer had lost their CSD 4020
disks and ordered a new set of them.  While I was duplicating the two device
driver diskettes which I needed, I looked in the box and spotted a July date,
then looked further.

Anyhow, contact your local dealer and ask them to order the CSDs for you.

Enjoy!

alistair@microsoft.UUCP (Alistair BANKS) (07/31/90)

In article <947@metapyr.UUCP> david@metapyr.UUCP (David Relson) writes:
>For the last several months, the computing press has been reporting that OS/2
>SE v1.21 will be release "real soon now".  It was released by IBM on 7/2/90.
>Officially it is known as CSD 4069 (Corrective Service Diskette).  It comes

I am sorry to say that you are quite wrong.  IBM releases CSD disks on
a regular basis. Some fix more major problems than others.

Announcements about OEM releases of MS OS/2 1.21 will be made
very shortly. Microsoft has been working with the major oems
to ensure that OS/2 1.2 is compatible with their hardware - and
at the same time siginificant additional capabilities have been
added to the printer device drivers and they have all been tested
and proved to work with versions of the major shipping and not-yet-
shipping PM applications.

Please understand, I cant preempt a forthcoming press-release, but
know that MS OS/2 1.21 cannot be obtained as yet, and that it is not
just the sum of IBM CSD disks already released.

Alistair Banks
OS/2 Group
Microsoft.