[comp.os.os2] PM-based Programming Editor?

mco@slimer.UUCP (Mark C. Otto) (09/09/90)

In article <6860005@hp-ptp.HP.COM> stever@hp-ptp.HP.COM (Steve_Roth) writes:
>I am desperate for a good, PM-based (not text-mode) programming editor for
>OS/2 1.21.  [... rest deleted ...]

I am assuming you mean 'runs OK in a PM window' when you say '(non-text mode)'
here.  I know Breif runs OK in a PM window, but it incorrectly assumes it has
80x24 or 80x44 to display things in.  If you are truely desparate, you could
hack on the EMACS source a bit (or a LOT :-)) to make it conform to PM.  Sorry
I can't think of any other editors which cut the mustard. There must be ONE
SOMEWHERE, so I guess I'll just read the news along with you and see if any
good suggestions come along.

Oh - If you get Email responses please post a summary to the net and maybe
tell of your experience in finding such an editor.

--
Mark C. Otto   EMail: mco@slimer, {teemc | hpftc}!slimer!mco
Voice: 1-313-441-4264    USnail: 5133 Heather #208, Dearborn, MI. 48126

stever@Octopus.COM (Steve Resnick ) (09/09/90)

The only editor I have seen for PM is the System Editor that is bundled with
OS/2 1.2 SE. While it's "cute" and good for hacking batch files or munging
your CONFIG.SYS file, etc. It's a rather poor editor for programming.
(no macros, no brac and bracket matching, etc.)

I have a rather ugly (codewise) port of MicroEMACS 3.10 which runs in a pm
window, although I am working towards getting a PM version of it running. When
I do, I will send the code to Dan Lawrence and let him distribute as he sees
fit. ( I really hope nobody else is doing the same thing, it's a lot of work! :)

Cheers!
Steve

steve.resnick@f105.n143.z1@FIDONET.ORG #include<std_disclaimer.h>
Flames, grammar errors, spelling errrors >/dev/nul