[comp.os.os2] emacs-like for OS/2?

colin@nbc1.ge.com (Colin Rafferty) (04/12/91)

Hello-

I have just found myself using a PS/2 running OS/2.  I have no choice
about what operating system to use.  I have in my entire programming
life (about eight years) only really enjoyed using emacs.  Anyway, I
need to get an editor that I can use productively that will run under
OS/2.

If someone has managed to port gnu emacs to OS/2, I would really like
to hear about that.  Otherwise, I would like to know if anyone has any
suggestions about editors that are emacs-like that run under OS/2.
Money is no object.

In fact, I could swear that I saw an article somewhere a few months
ago about all the emacs-like editors around.

If enough people ask, I will summarize my findings to the net.  If not
enough, I will send out individual summaries to those who ask.

Thank you very much.  You have no idea what this means to me.

--
Colin Owen Rafferty              |      I believe in compulsory cannibalism.
colin@nbc1.ge.com                |      If people were forced to eat

keinert@IASTATE.EDU (Keinert Fritz) (04/13/91)

In article <COLIN.91Apr11144529@nbc1.ge.com>, colin@nbc1.ge.com (Colin
Rafferty) writes:

> ... I would like to know if anyone has any
> suggestions about editors that are emacs-like that run under OS/2.
> Money is no object.

When I was still living in the PC world, I used an editor called
Epsilon, by Lugaru Software. It is totally PC based, but it comes
in three flavors, for MS/DOS, OS/2 and Unix. It has its own C-like
extension language called EEL (Epsilon Extension Language), and
comes with many features and an excellent manual.

It cost about $ 200 two years ago, and I was extremely happy with it.

I don't have an address for Lugaru handy, but they are in Pittsburgh,
and their phone number used to be (412) 421-5911.

Fritz Keinert                      keinert@vincent.iastate.edu
Dept. of Mathematics               keinert@pollux.math.iastate.edu
Iowa State University              s1fxk@ccvax.iastate.edu
Ames, IA 50011			   s1.fxk@isumvs.bitnet