[comp.os.os2] Blind taste test - OS/2

bchin@umd5.umd.edu (Bill Chin) (04/28/91)

In article <1991Apr27.215755.9443@serval.net.wsu.edu> wbonner@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu (Wim Bonner) writes:
>Your video7 1024i drivers don't work with 1.3?  How so?
>
>I'm running OS/2 1.3 on my 286 with a 1024i running in 16color1024x768 mode,
>and not having problems...  I know that the 256 color driver does not work
>properly, but I don't think it worked properly with 1.2 either, even though it
>was advertised as doing so.

I tried the 800*600*16, 640*480*256, and I believe one other... I didnt'
try the 1024*768 tho.  OS/2 did come up... but a lot of colors were wrong,
stuff like no title bar text, and I couldn't fix it with the control panel.
There seems to be a difference in the way repainting/invalidation is done,
so things wouldn't redraw properly.  Scroll bars wouldn't redraw at all.
I then called Headland... the driver/software droid shuffled me to tech
support claiming that 1.2 drivers work.  Tech support says they don't
because of widespread reports of problems.  He said that he didn't
know a date in which 1.3 drivers would be available... not even a clue.
:-(   One of the reasons I went with this board was driver support.
(They had the first Windows drivers, and one of them was bundled with
Windows)   Do any other SVGA board makers have 1.3 drivers???

--
Bill Chin			internet:bchin@umd5.umd.edu
PC/IP, Computer Science Center	NeXTmail:bchin@is-next.umd.edu