[comp.os.os2] FTP sites for OS/2

ant@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (Anthony Murdoch) (06/08/91)

Hi netters,

I am about to move into the "wonderful" world of os/2.  I was wondering if
there where any archive sites out there that cater for os/2 perople ?

ant

  V   ant                       "I killed Laura Palmer"
 \o/  ant@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au
 -O-  Anthony Murdoch           Prentice Centre
 /0\  Phone (07) 36 54078       University of Qld

lowey@herald.usask.ca (Kevin Lowey,159 Physics,9664826,) (06/09/91)

From article <1991Jun8.052208.12223@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au>, by ant@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (Anthony Murdoch):
> Hi netters,
>
> I am about to move into the "wonderful" world of os/2.  I was wondering if
> there where any archive sites out there that cater for os/2 perople ?

Try the following (you type the underlined parts):
                                ~~~~~~~~~~
    telnet quiche.cs.mcgill.ca
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    login: archie
           ~~~~~~
    archie> prog ^os2$
            ~~~~~~~~~~

This will list all the "files" called "os2" on over 600 archive sites
world-wide.  (A directory is considered a file).  Note that it is
using unix regular expressions (a'la ed) for the searches.  You could
also type

   prog os2
   ~~~~~~~~

for a list of every file that has "os2" anywhere in the file name.

For more information on archie, type "help" at the "archie>" prompt.
Archie is located on a sun workstation at Mcgill University in Canada.

- Kevin Lowey

m1phm02@fed.frb.gov (Patrick H. McAllister) (06/11/91)

In article <1991Jun8.194936.29095@herald.usask.ca> lowey@herald.usask.ca (Kevin Lowey,159 Physics,9664826,) writes:

   Try the following (you type the underlined parts):
       telnet quiche.cs.mcgill.ca

   . . .

Would someone please post or email me the IP address for this node? Thanks
in advance!

Pat
--
Pat McAllister      m1phm02@fed.frb.gov