[comp.os.os2] OS/2 port of gcc/g++?

strasser@psych.psy.uq.oz.au (Michael Strasser) (06/20/91)

Has anyone ported gcc and/or g++ to OS/2?  I have access to DJ Delorie's
port to MS-DOS: is that a suitable substitute?

I am moving to OS/2 soon, and would like a good C/C++ development system.

--
Mike Strasser
Psychology Dept

ant@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (Anthony Murdoch) (06/20/91)

strasser@psych.psy.uq.oz.au (Michael Strasser) writes:

>Has anyone ported gcc and/or g++ to OS/2?  I have access to DJ Delorie's
>port to MS-DOS: is that a suitable substitute?
>I am moving to OS/2 soon, and would like a good C/C++ development system.

More importantly - is someone going to look at porting gcc/g++ to OS/2 v2
when it is released properly ??  It would be soooo much better if it
produced 32bit code

ant

  V   ant                       "I killed Laura Palmer"
 \o/  ant@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au
 -O-  Anthony Murdoch           Prentice Centre
 /0\  Phone (07) 36 54078       University of Qld

wayne@csri.toronto.edu (Wayne Hayes) (06/24/91)

It will be difficult to port the "big" GNU tools to OS/2 1.x, since it still
deals with 64K segments.  However, OS/2 2.0 has a 32-bit flat memory model,
and I suspect that once it's out, some cunning programmer will port them
in a flash.