[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Connecting Mac to Tektronix 4693RGB

pepke@loligo.cc.fsu.edu (Eric Pepke) (10/20/89)

Has anybody successfully connected a Macintosh II with Apple color card
to a Tektronix 4693RGB multisync video thermal transfer printer?

Eric Pepke                                     INTERNET: pepke@gw.scri.fsu.edu
Supercomputer Computations Research Institute  MFENET:   pepke@fsu
Florida State University                       SPAN:     scri::pepke
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4052                     BITNET:   pepke@fsu

Disclaimer: My employers seldom even LISTEN to my opinions.
Meta-disclaimer: Any society that needs disclaimers has too many lawyers.

kevind@pogo.WV.TEK.COM (Kevin Draz) (10/21/89)

In article <293@vsserv.scri.fsu.edu> pepke@loligo.cc.fsu.edu (Eric Pepke) writes:
>Has anybody successfully connected a Macintosh II with Apple color card
>to a Tektronix 4693RGB multisync video thermal transfer printer?
>
>Eric Pepke                                     INTERNET: pepke@gw.scri.fsu.edu
>Supercomputer Computations Research Institute  MFENET:   pepke@fsu
>Florida State University                       SPAN:     scri::pepke
>Tallahassee, FL 32306-4052                     BITNET:   pepke@fsu

This should be possible.  All of the timings are within the specified range
for the RGB printer, however, we have NOT tried this with the A.C.M.  We
have done it for 19" color big screens.   To this end, I have a written a
small little app. which provides the neccessary series of calibration
screens for the printer.  I will send this to you via AppleLink, InterNet,
or UUCP if you mail me and let me know your preference.

Providing a cable will have to be up to you, I'm afraid.  You will also want
the loopthrough video adapter accessory for the printer.

Feel free to Link me at D2392, voice at 800-872-7924, or UUCP at below. I
will provide whatever assistance I can for you.

--
----
kevind@pogo.wv.tek.com