[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Mac II Case

cbm@well.UUCP (Chris Muir) (10/26/89)

Does anyone know where to get a Mac II case? I have a machine that at one
time was a Paris prototype. It has a new motherboard and a new power supply,
but it seems that the plastic enclosure can't be purchased! The Paris never
had a top cover and the bottom changed before it got into production. I just
had to replace the hard drive because the fan wasn't doing anything in the
open air. Any help is appreciated.

Chris Muir                             |   "There is no language in our lungs
{hplabs,pacbell,ucbvax,apple}          |    to tell the world just how we feel"
!well!cbm                              |                         - A. Partridge

pkr@maddog.sgi.com (Phil Ronzone) (11/04/89)

In article <14283@well.UUCP> cbm@well.UUCP (Chris Muir) writes:
>Does anyone know where to get a Mac II case? I have a machine that at one
>time was a Paris prototype. It has a new motherboard and a new power supply,
>but it seems that the plastic enclosure can't be purchased! The Paris never
>had a top cover and the bottom changed before it got into production. I just
>had to replace the hard drive because the fan wasn't doing anything in the
>open air. Any help is appreciated.

You still have a Paris!! They were all to have been recalled and replaced.

Anyway - The Paris/Milwaukee/Reno motherboard was constantly changing. If your
baord is any color OTHER than dark gray, you are out of luck. The red, yellow,
lite green and dark green baords all had support and screw slots for
prototype plastic -- which is different tham production plastic.

Like all collectors items, you should keep it in as much of the
original condition.
Phil Ronzone   Manager Secure UNIX           pkr@sgi.COM   {decwrl,sun}!sgi!pkr
Silicon Graphics, Inc.               "I never vote, it only encourages 'em ..."