[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Color Card for SE/30 ?

czychi@ethz.UUCP (Gary Czychi) (11/03/89)

A couple of days ago I have posted this same question but somehow it doesn't
seem to have gone through.  So once again my problem:

I want to connect my Apple color monitor to my SE/30.  Which is the best and
less expensive card which I can buy and where can I get it?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Gary

        Gary T. Czychi             University of St.Gallen, Switzerland

                CZYCHI@CSGHSG52.bitnet   (preferred)
                CZYCHI@ETHZ.uucp

		        Tel.: --41 / 71 / 28 30 55

neg@NRC.COM (Neal Goldsmith) (11/05/89)

In article <2399@ethz.UUCP> czychi@ethz.UUCP (Gary Czychi) writes:
>A couple of days ago I have posted this same question but somehow it doesn't
>seem to have gone through.  So once again my problem:
>
>I want to connect my Apple color monitor to my SE/30.  Which is the best and
>less expensive card which I can buy and where can I get it?
>
>Thanks a lot for your help,
>
>Gary

There are three choices that I know of:

	Supermac Spectrum/8	$1495
	Supermac Color Card SE/30	$548
	RasterOps 264			$900 approx.

These are street prices, I know that MacFriends has all three cards for the
above prices or close to them. The Spectrum/8 card is the little brother
to the same card on the II. It supports the 13" Apple Color and many others
in Mono, Grayscale, and Color up to 8 bits with monitors up to 19". The Color
Card SE/30 emulates the standard Apple MACII 8 bit card supporting only the
13" Apple Color and other like monitors. The RasterOps supports up to 24 bit
on the 13" Apple Color.

I ordered the Color Card SE/30. My new Apple monitor is sitting here next to
my SE/30 waiting for delivery. My sister has the Spectrum/8 card, and has been
very happy with it.

Hope this helps.

--
  Neal E. Goldsmith                            Network Research Corp
  neg@nrc.com                                  1620 Federal Ave #2

  If you ride into the sunset from Los Angeles, you'll just get wet...