[comp.sys.mac.hardware] I need PMMU's

larsw@isy.liu.se (Lars Wanhammar) (11/08/89)

Inexpensive PMMUs
=================

I am looking for inexpensive PMMUs (16). Bay Tech sells them
for $200, but I don't have their address and they only have an
800-number which I cannot call from Europe.

Do they have another phone number?
Do they have an address?
Is there someone who has a better price?

Thanks in advance. Reply to

	larsw@isy.liu.se

Lars Wanhammar

chou@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Hsiang Chou) (11/11/89)

In article <1989Nov8.154906.1780@isy.liu.se> larsw@isy.liu.se (Lars Wanhammar) writes:

>Inexpensive PMMUs
>=================
>
>I am looking for inexpensive PMMUs (16). Bay Tech sells them
>for $200, but I don't have their address and they only have an
>800-number which I cannot call from Europe.
>
>Do they have another phone number?

	The only phone number I find is 1-813-360-8617.

>Do they have an address?
>Is there someone who has a better price?

	According to this week's MacWEEK (Nov. 7, page 44),
Orvac Electronics is selling the PMMU XC68851 RC16A for $150 only.
Though, MC68851 RC16A is preferred, "the earlier XC-labeled PMMUs
are not experimental, however; XC just denotes chips produced
before all the aging and reliability data have been collected
and analyzed." "A 'mask' number identifies the exact version
of the circuitry itself, and an XC-labeled chip may be identical
to an MC-labeled chip if the same mask was used to creat it."

	For more information, contact:

Orvac Electronics Inc.
1645 E. Orangethorpe Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92631