[net.columbia] Weather info via dial-up access??

danb@tesla.UUCP (Dan Blumenthal) (09/27/85)

In article <752@hou2d.UUCP> lws@hou2d.UUCP (lwsamocha) writes:
>I am not sure exactly where to post this, but-
>
>Does anyone in net.land aware of a path to the US
>Weather Bureau or some-such, via a dial-up to obtain
>info on weather??
>
>I seem to remember that this was possible some years ago.
>
>Please post.
>
>Thanx
>LWS
>hou2d!lws
>
>right

Well, I can't find the article, I don't think I have it
anymore, but the New York Times business section just had
a page on Weather Service companies and some things on their
availability to the general public. I think it was two weeks
ago (Sept 15th). It was on the page where they feature an
industry and is opposite the page with statistics on the
economy (M-1, CPI, etc.)

Again, apologies for using these groups...

Dan B.

tesla.ee.cornell.edu