[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Changing CAPS LOCK to CONTROL on extended keyboard

dce@sony.com (David Elliott) (11/06/89)

A few months ago, there was a discussion on how to modify an Apple
extended keyboard so that the CAPS LOCK key would no longer lock
and would act as a CONTROL key, thus making it compatible with
keyboards I use more often.

Does anyone have this information?

--
David Elliott
dce@sony.com | ...!{uunet,mips}!sonyusa!dce

peters@sahiways.gov.au (11/15/89)

In article <1989Nov6.145001.11448@sony.com>, dce@sony.com (David Elliott) writes:
> A few months ago, there was a discussion on how to modify an Apple
> extended keyboard so that the CAPS LOCK key would no longer lock
> and would act as a CONTROL key, thus making it compatible with
> keyboards I use more often.
>
> Does anyone have this information?

> "UNIX - There's no such thing."

URRGHKK!!  My sympathies (chuckle).  Here I am, using a PS/2 (not by choice,
mark you) to which I have changed the CTRL & CAPS-LOCK keys around so that it
was more like the keyboards _I'm_ familiar with ...

It's a worry ... it's just that to use the Departmen'ts solitary Mac, one has
to wait up to two weeks just to get an hour's use on it.  Just as well I have
my own at home.

Geoff Peters