[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Mac SE screen

ted@mergvax (William Klein) (11/14/89)

My screen on the Mac SE I picked up used is a little cockeyed.  Can this
be easily adjusted? How, that is, what pots or etcs on the innards
have got to be twiddled to do this?  Alternatively, how can I get
a set of technical repair documentation for this beast?

--
Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans.
Real Life: 		W. Ted Klein

steveg@umd5.umd.edu (Steve Bruce Green) (11/19/89)

In article <12678@mergvax> ted@mergvax.UUCP (William Klein) writes:
>My screen on the Mac SE I picked up used is a little cockeyed.  Can this
>be easily adjusted? How, that is, what pots or etcs on the innards
>have got to be twiddled to do this?  Alternatively, how can I get
>a set of technical repair documentation for this beast?

If you mean slighty rotated then this is the fix.  There is a long screw that
hold the yolk on the CRT neck.  Losen it and rotate the entire yolk.  It may
be difficult to do at first and it may even go back to where is was when you
tighten the screw.  If this is the case, losen the screws that hold the CRT
in the front bezel, and see if there is enough play to turn the CRT.  Also,m
make sure you remove the small board that sits on the back of the CRT neck
before you do anything.  It is REAL easy to bunp it and break the seal on the
CRT.
Tech docs....I dont think there are any _good_ tech. docs.

tres@toadwar.ucar.edu (Tres Hofmeister) (11/22/89)

In article <5646@umd5.umd.edu> steveg@umd5.umd.edu (Steve Bruce Green) writes:
>If you mean slighty rotated then this is the fix.  There is a long screw that
>hold the yolk on the CRT neck.  Losen it and rotate the entire yolk.  It may
>be difficult to do at first and it may even go back to where is was when you
>tighten the screw.  If this is the case, losen the screws that hold the CRT
>in the front bezel, and see if there is enough play to turn the CRT.  Also,m
>make sure you remove the small board that sits on the back of the CRT neck
>before you do anything.  It is REAL easy to bunp it and break the seal on the
>CRT.

	One should always include a warning about the potentially lethal
charge that may be found on the CRT when discussing this kind of work... even
a machine which has been off for a period of time may be dangerous, and one
should seek information or assistance from a qualified technician before
proceeding.

			Tres Hofmeister
			tres@toadwar.ucar.edu
			tres@ncar.ucar.edu