[comp.sys.mac.hardware] NuBus expansion box

hedstrom@uvicctr.UVic.CA.UUCP (Brad Hedstrom) (11/21/89)

Does anyone know if there is some kind of NuBus expansion box which would work
with a IIci (IIcr???). What I want to to is to be able to use more than three
NuBus cards. Why not buy a IIx?? That's the other option, but I wanted to check
on the expansion capability first.
Brad Hedstrom, University of Victoria, ECE Dept.
Internet:  hedstrom@sirius.uvic.ca
UUCP:   ...!{uw-beaver,ubc-vision}!uvicctr!hedstrom

mjkobb@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael J Kobb) (11/25/89)

In article <859@uvicctr.UVic.CA.UUCP> hedstrom@uvicctr.UVic.CA.UUCP (Brad Hedstrom) writes:
>Does anyone know if there is some kind of NuBus expansion box which would work
>with a IIci (IIcr???). What I want to to is to be able to use more than three
>NuBus cards. Why not buy a IIx?? That's the other option, but I wanted to check
>on the expansion capability first.

I have a similar question:  I'm in the market for a bigger, faster machine
(presently running a Plus), and I was thinking I could do an SE/30.  However,
if I use the one slot for color, then if I ever want Ethernet or something
else, I seem to be out of luck.  Didn't I read that there was an expansion
chassis in the works that plugged into the 030-Direct slot and provided you
with a box with several NuBus-compatible (i.e. normal Mac-II) slots in it?

Thanks,

--Mike