[comp.sys.mac.hardware] pinout for modem cable

dixie_flatline@i-core.UUCP (Dixie Flatline) (11/30/89)

Need help created a correct cable for the mac.  I have a mac 512k
(yeah, i know it old.)  nonetheless i need to cable my modem (db25) to
the serial port (db9.)  i relly appreciate any responce with a correct
pinout.

thanks

zben@umd5.umd.edu (Ben Cranston) (12/01/89)

In article <1989Nov29.172307.19549@i-core.UUCP> dixie_flatline@i-core.UUCP (Dixie Flatline) writes:

> Need help created a correct cable for the mac.  I have a mac 512k
> (yeah, i know it old.)  nonetheless i need to cable my modem (db25) to
> the serial port (db9.)  i relly appreciate any responce with a correct
> pinout.

I actually used this on a Plus with the funny Mini-Din-8 to DB-9 adaptor
before locating a source of the Mini-Din-8 connectors:

  Classic Macintosh to modem (or other DCE device):

        DB-9 MALE                       DB-25 MALE

       GROUND 3 O--+--------------------O 7  GROUND
  RECV DATA + 8 O--+

  RECV DATA - 9 O-----------------------O 3  RD (Receive Data)

  XMIT DATA - 5 O-----------------------O 2  TD (Transmit Data)

   + 12 Volts 6 O--+
   HANDSHAKE  7 O--+--------------------O 20 DTR (Data Terminal Ready)

Best of luck!
--
Sig     DS.L    ('ZBen')       ; Ben Cranston <zben@Trantor.UMD.EDU>
* Network Infrastructures Group, Computer Science Center