[comp.sys.mac.hardware] IIx fan noise

mjkobb@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael J Kobb) (12/07/89)

Hello,

  I remember reading over the summer that some company had made a device that
(I believe based on temperature) varied the speed of the II-series machines'
fan, resulting in generally quieter operation unless the machine got too hot.

  Does anybody know where I can find one of these things, and how much it
costs?  For that matter, are they available in the U.S. yet (at the time, it
was an Apple-authorized add-on, but only overseas somewhere...)?

Thanks,

--Mike

steph@maui.cs.ucla.edu (Stephen Sakamoto) (12/08/89)

In article <1168@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU> mjkobb@media-lab.media.mit.edu (Michael J Kobb) writes:
>Hello,
>
>  I remember reading over the summer that some company had made a device that
>(I believe based on temperature) varied the speed of the II-series machines'
>fan, resulting in generally quieter operation unless the machine got too hot.
>
>  Does anybody know where I can find one of these things, and how much it
>costs?  For that matter, are they available in the U.S. yet (at the time, it
>was an Apple-authorized add-on, but only overseas somewhere...)?
>
>Thanks,
>
>--Mike

Funny you should ask. I just received a mailer from EuroComm for the Nova
fan controller.  Retail price is $89.95 for MacII/IIx. There are separate
models for Astec or Sony power supplies.

EuroComm
629 S. Rancho SantaFe Road, Number 394
San Marcos, California 92069
(619) 471-9362