[comp.sys.mac.hardware] SE/30 Video board for Apple A3 monitor?

CCMK@latvax8.lat.oz (Mark Kosten - Computer Centre, La Trobe Uni.) (12/06/89)

As far as I know Apple doesn't sell a video board for the SE/30
that can handle their landscape A3 b/w 19" monitor.  Does anyone
know of a third party board that will do it (with >= 16 grey scales)
or if Apple are coming out with one soon?

Thanks.
Mark Kosten,          ISD: +61 3 479-2767
Computer Centre,      ACSnet/UUCP/Bitnet: ccmk@latvax8.lat.oz
La Trobe University,  X25: 234730000 (ccmk@latrobe.edu.au)
Bundoora,
Victoria 3083
Australia

borton@fwi.uva.nl (Chris Borton) (12/10/89)

CCMK@latvax8.lat.oz (Mark Kosten - Computer Centre, La Trobe Uni.) writes:

>As far as I know Apple doesn't sell a video board for the SE/30
>that can handle their landscape A3 b/w 19" monitor.  Does anyone
>know of a third party board that will do it (with >= 16 grey scales)
>or if Apple are coming out with one soon?

Apple makes no cards for the SE/30 to handle monitors currently.  I don't
believe they plan to, either (leave that for the 3rd party market).

Nutmeg has filled the gap with a card that handles both the A3 and A4
monitors automatically.  They often have an ad in MacWEEK about it, but
unfortunately only have an 800 number (can't call int'l :-() and no price on
it.  Rats.

-cbb
Chris Borton	borton@fwi.uva.nl
Mac Developer & AppleTalk Network Administrator, University of Amsterdam CS