[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Cables for IIci->NEC Multisync 3D monitor

korfhage@lanai.cs.ucla.edu (12/12/89)

A fellow here just set up his new IIci system using a NEC Multisync 3D
monitor, and found that their cables won't work. NEC says that they
are working on the problem, but it could be weeks. Has anyone found
another way of hooking up this monitor?

Thanks much.

--
 Willard Korfhage   ARPA : korfhage@pucatt.poly.edu, korfhage@cs.ucla.edu
		    UUCP : {ucbvax,randvax,trwrb!trwspp,ism780}!ucla-cs!korfhage

yost@esquire.UUCP (David A. Yost) (12/15/89)

In article <29912@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> korfhage@lanai.cs.ucla.edu () writes:
>A fellow here just set up his new IIci system using a NEC Multisync 3D
>monitor, and found that their cables won't work.

Perhaps my experience hooking up a Mitsubishi Multiscan monitor
(AUM 1371A) will shed some light.  Connect RGB as usual, then,
and here is the bizarre part:  connect Mac CSYNC to monitor HSYNC.
No other connections necessary.  I couldn't believe it.

 --dave yost