[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Apple Full Page Display

roy@ics.uci.edu (John M.A. Roy) (12/16/89)

We just bought an Apple Full Page Display, and it has a little
wave/curve at the edges of the monitor screen.  I returned one monitor
already, but I don't trust the deal much to know if the second monitor
is any better, or whether it is just the way the display looks.  My
Apple 13" color moniotr looks just fine at the edges, so Apple should
know what a straight line is :-)

Should I continue trading in monitors?  Is it worth a call to Apple?
Would I be able to get to anyone who knows anything?  Or am I just
SOL?

Thanks,
John M.A. Roy (714) 856-5039
ICS Dept., Univ. Calif., Irvine CA 92717
Internet: roy@ics.uci.edu

george@swbatl.UUCP (6544) (12/16/89)

In article <25897DB8.5186@paris.ics.uci.edu> roy@ics.uci.edu (John M.A. Roy) writes:

>We just bought an Apple Full Page Display, and it has a little
>wave/curve at the edges of the monitor screen.  I returned one monitor
>already, but I don't trust the deal much to know if the second monitor
>is any better, or whether it is just the way the display looks.  My
>Apple 13" color moniotr looks just fine at the edges, so Apple should
>know what a straight line is :-)
>
>Should I continue trading in monitors?  Is it worth a call to Apple?
>Would I be able to get to anyone who knows anything?  Or am I just
>SOL?

I've worked with two of these displays.  Both had a wave/curve like
you describe.  One is a bit worse than the other.

--
   /   George D. Nincehelser           \  uunet!swbatl!george       \
  / /   Southwestern Bell Telephone     \  Phone: (314) 235-6544     \